Join now - be part of our community!

VGX-TP3Z/B TV Tuner Drivers

robjardi15
Explorer

VGX-TP3Z/B TV Tuner Drivers

I have a Sony Vaio VGX-TP3Z/B which i have had since last december.

I recently had to perform a reinstall of Windows Vista but i did then without backing up the drivers first so i had to redownload the drivers from the Sony Vaio website.

The problem i am having is that i cannot find the drivers for the tv tuner card so i cannot use Media Centre in Windows Vista.

Can you tell me where i can download the drivers for this system?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi robbieride and welcome.

Have you reinstalled the original Sony version of Vista? If so all the drivers will install automatically from the recovery media.

It is probably not a good idea to install any other Operating System as all the drivers and utilities appear not to be available for download so the Vaio will not work properly.

:thinking: .

robjardi15
Explorer

No Sorry, i don't have the Sony Recover disk so that option isn't applicable, i used my own copy of Windows Vista.

robjardi15
Explorer

Does anyone know where i can find drivers for the TV Tuner on this computer

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

As I said, I think the only way is to reinstall the original OS. Unless you have formatted the entire hard drive using FDisc, you can do this by tapping F10 during the boot sequence, when you see the first Vaio logo, to start the hard drive recovery.

You can then re-install whatever version of Vista you like once you have made copies of all the drivers and utilities.

The only other way is from another model Vaio or from the TV Card manufacturer. If you go to Device Manager, does it give a full description of what make and model TV card you have installed? I'm not sure what make the TV card is on your model.

:thinking:

robjardi15
Explorer

As I said, I think the only way is to reinstall the original OS.  Unless you have formatted the entire hard drive using FDisc, you can do this by tapping F10 during the boot sequence, when you see the first Vaio logo, to start the hard drive recovery.

You can then re-install whatever version of Vista you like once you have made copies of all the drivers and utilities.

The only other way is from another model Vaio or from the TV Card manufacturer. If you go to Device Manager, does it give a full description of what make and model TV card you have installed? I'm not sure what make the TV card is on your model.

:thinking:

This doesn't make any sense and your advice seems wrong.

Hard drive recovery will only work if i have the Recovery Disk and as i've already stated i do not.

You should also know that if the driver isn't installed for a specific device then device manager will not show the Device Name of any details of the device in question.

Please make sure that your information is correct otherwise you will miss lead Customers/Users.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You do NOT need a recovery disc to do a hard drive recovery - check page 32 of your Recovery and Troubleshooting Guide on using the Recovery Partition here: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/RecoTS/2008Q2_TRG_EN.pdf

I apologise, you are right about Device Manager but you will need to know the details of your TV Card if you are going to look for an alternative source for the driver.

Don't expect me to reply again - I find your attitude offensive.

:cry:

robjardi15
Explorer

You do NOT need a recovery disc to do a hard drive recovery - check page 32 of your Recovery and Troubleshooting Guide on using the Recovery Partition here: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/RecoTS/2008Q2_TRG_EN.pdf

I apologise, you are right about Device Manager but you will need to know the details of your TV Card if you are going to look for an alternative source for the driver.

Don't expect me to reply again - I find your attitude offensive.

:cry:

I apologise for my last post i was frustrated with the lack of support from Sony.

I have discovered that there are 2 Mini Card TV tuners within the computer

AverMedia A313AG and AverMedia A313AF now i have looked on the AverMedia website and i cannot find the driver every where but i cannot find the driver(s).

Can anyone help

profile.country.GB.title
Mixkmick
New

Hi.i had the same problem yesterday.i formatted the drive and put my own copy on.lost everything.there is no portion to rescue from but I searched through c: dev on new operating Vista system and found either old or windows old and everything was in there.i did  not do any backups just installed Vista but worth a look as mine running perfect.searh managing through c: dev not use search box.good luck

Tags (1)