Join now - be part of our community!

VIAO VPCF11J0E stays connected to WiFi but loses Internet connection

profile.country.en_GB.title
mabrisc21
Explorer

VIAO VPCF11J0E stays connected to WiFi but loses Internet connection

I have had a Viao VPCF11J0E for nearly a year, I use it most of the time with my BTInternet home hub.

I keep finding that I have lost my Internet connection though still connected to the WiFi of the home hub.  I have two other PCs on the hom hub and they carry on working fine.  Sometimes I can switch off the WiFi on the Viao for a short time and it will reconnect with Internet but most times it does not.  I usually shutdown the PC and restart, usually the laptop will connect properly then but sometimes I need to also do a restart on the home hub so I usually do that anyway to save time.

This seems to be getting more frequent, I think it has happened twice today.

I am sitting two or threee feet from the home hub so I don't think it is signal level problem (one of the other PCs is the other side of the house).

This is getting more annoying and I am wondering about going back to using a wired Ethernet connection.

MB

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
muaz-ahmad
Explorer

Hello,

I have a sony vaio which i have had for a few years now, worked very well but now has the same issue you described here. The wifi stays connected but says there is no internet, this problem doesn't happen on any other devices or laptops i have.

Did you find the solution to your problem?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It sounds like you need to try to find up-to-date drivers for BOTH your Vaio's wireless card and you WiFi Router.

There may be updated drivers for the wifi card on the manufacturer's website. Also update your Router's firmware to the latest available.

:wink: