Join now - be part of our community!

Video Editing and DVD Burning

adupuy
Visitor

Video Editing and DVD Burning

Hi all,

I am after some help. I have a PCV-V1/G with standard software installed. I have a Sony Camcorder which uses MiniDV tapes.

Here's the problem: How do I edit these once on computers hard drive? and how do I burn them to DVD so I can watch on my DVD player. My DVD player plays ALL types of discs.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi adupuy,

'Click to DVD' will do the whole job. It will import digital video through the firewire socket or analogue video through the AV and S-Video sockets. It will allow basic video editing and also burn your movie to a DVD.

DV-Gate Plus will also import digital video by firewire only.

Microsoft MovieMaker will also allow you to edit video.

These should give you reasonable movies but if you need anything fancy you will have to buy a good program like Adobe Premiere Elements 7

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001ELK950/300002150-21/?m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

:wink:

adupuy
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried Click to DVD but my video in on my hard drive in .avi and it will not import it.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you tried going to EDIT mode and clicking IMPORT FILES?

This will allow you to browse to the movie's location on your hard drive and try to import it.

What program made the .avi files?

:thinking:

adupuy
Visitor

With click to DVD you cannot go to edit mode without importing video. When I try to import I get 'Cannot import the following file. The file format in not supported or the file is corrupt'. This happens with all .avi files, they are not corrupt as I can view them.

The .avi files were made by Sony Picture Package 1.5

adupuy
Visitor

The .avi files were made by Sony Picture Package 1.5

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It sounds like the installed software will not do what you want.

If you Google for 'Edit AVI files' you will find many free software applications but for better results you will probably have to invest in a camcorder editing program like Adobe Premiere Elements.

:wink: