Join now - be part of our community!

Virtual Memory Question

fqlynx
Visitor

Virtual Memory Question

1.5 Gb worth of RAM, I only have slightly more at 2Gb on my RZ Series, yet I work with NIL Paging File size, frankly it has not affect on performance. In-fact you have quite a large amount of RAM size, hence your PC does need to be messing around with the paging file on your 7200 rpm hard disk(s) - RAM is a lot faster, especially if it is Dual Channel 400Mhz. So don't worry about your Paging File or Virual Memory.

Good Luck!

4 REPLIES 4
Philipljones
Visitor

Ive bought a guitar tutor programme which looks pretty good, however, when I try to run it, it returns an error stating that I must have at least 3 mbytes virtual memory free, then ends the programme

Considering I am running a RS-406 with 1.5 gbyte ram and 320 gbyte HDD, I would have thought it would work ok.

I emailed their support who advised me to reduce both my min and max virtual memory to zero, and it would work.

Would doing this have any adverse effect on the otherwise perfect performance of my PC?

Thanks in advance......

TheFrog
Visitor

With that amount of RAM I'd expect you'd be ok, there's one way to find out :wink:

VAIOneer
Visitor

Personally I'd leave my min virtual mem as it is, and maybe increase your max by 10mb - that'll more then cover the 3mb you need for your guitar.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Personally I'd leave my min virtual mem as it is, and maybe increase your max by 10mb - that'll more then cover the 3mb you need for your guitar.

I second that