Join now - be part of our community!

Vista Drivers for VGN-A397XP?

ulfs
Visitor

Vista Drivers for VGN-A397XP?

I have a VGN-A397XP notebook that I bought back in June 2005. I just upgraded it to Vista Ultimate and it works great. Only problem is the lack of support for the special buttons, like Volume, Light, etc. I was wondering if there will ever be any Vista drivers available for this notebook? Anyone who knows if any of the newer notebooks is hw compatible with the A397XP in this respect?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
cjfreitas1
Visitor

I have the same problem
Sony's, make the drivers....

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi cjfreitas1 & ulfs

Welcome to Club vaio, :slight_smile:

The latest news we have from Sony..

Windows Vista drivers and utilities are in development and will be released by the end of March 2007. Some drivers and utilities are already available. Click here to see the available downloads.

ulfs
Visitor

I installed the new drivers from the link you referred to. Now all the buttons and power management works fine on my VGN-A397XP. I thought the machine would become a bit slower with all the new Vista features but it really feels snappier than it used to with XP.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:cool: Glad the drivers worked.. :slight_smile:

binru
Visitor

Hi, I have same laptop as you.

Could you please tell me how you upgrade vista? Is that free or you bought it? THank you!

newman
Visitor

ulfs, what drivers did you install from the link?

On my A217S I have the brightness button working, but the volume button does not change volume, even though the display says it is changing.