Join now - be part of our community!

Vista is here. Where are the Drivers?

ayu61200
Visitor

Vista is here. Where are the Drivers?

The subject of this thread says it all.

Sony, where are the drivers? I paid 1700 Euros for my FE11S half a year ago. I think it's more than about time for Sony to release drivers "Vista compatible". Everything works but the power management features, lowering the bright of the screen and so on, among others, is NOT working which means I can't use Vista on batteries properly because the screen's maximum brightness eats the whole battery quickly.

Am I asking too much for a 1700 Euros laptop? Is this the kind of after sales service I can expect from the all mighty Sony? Vista RTM is already shipping, and I'm still waiting for Vista drivers, whilst there's a cute and nice "Windows vista" features icon in the vaio-link.com page. It's even ironic. Starting to feel too much dissapointed about all this...

78 REPLIES 78
nomad21
Visitor

Hi Kee-Lo

I know for a fact that Sony and I have had the final version for some time reference Vista - and having spoken to all third partys ( Intel, Toshiba, UPEK etc) reference Sony and VAIO drivers they all point the same finger ...to Sony. If you think that is bad try and get Sony to tell you which Memory Stick Pro Duo's will support Vista Readyboost !

nomad21
Visitor

Soory posted a reply reference availability of vista drivers in the wrong post - oops. One thig I wouls like to add is that even Sony BP's don't seem to fair any better - I work for one and support reference vista appears non existent - go figure!

nomad21
Visitor

Sony also try and sell to business through their Sony 1 program of which I work for a member. Vista support is like a foreign language to all that I have spoken including the product developers in Sony - but please remember their logo/motto call it what you will ...like no other summed up so well Sony!

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

My motto is...'use the edit button more' LOL (just kidding)

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi,

If you're really this fed up with Sony's lack of support for Vista why not write an official complaint?

Get some advice from Trading Standards too, it's free.

ayu61200
Visitor

I wonder if the fact that there were no updates at all of any XP driver or firmware for my laptop (FE11S) in almost half a year has something to do with this Vista drivers release delay. If they start selling laptops with Vista installed they must have drivers ready and shipping already I guess... specially if they want to be in time for the Christmas campaign. I am sure many other manufacturers will be selling Vista installed laptops during Christmas season...

kee-lo_

I haven't seen any yet.

tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

I don't think you will see any Vista machines as we are not allowed to sell anything before end of january 2007.

KR,
Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
MauiMauer
Visitor

And what about the drivers.

Can you enlight us with new information from the support team

kee-lo_

I think Nico would have told you by now, if any changes had been made.