Join now - be part of our community!

Vista is here. Where are the Drivers?

ayu61200
Visitor

Vista is here. Where are the Drivers?

The subject of this thread says it all.

Sony, where are the drivers? I paid 1700 Euros for my FE11S half a year ago. I think it's more than about time for Sony to release drivers "Vista compatible". Everything works but the power management features, lowering the bright of the screen and so on, among others, is NOT working which means I can't use Vista on batteries properly because the screen's maximum brightness eats the whole battery quickly.

Am I asking too much for a 1700 Euros laptop? Is this the kind of after sales service I can expect from the all mighty Sony? Vista RTM is already shipping, and I'm still waiting for Vista drivers, whilst there's a cute and nice "Windows vista" features icon in the vaio-link.com page. It's even ironic. Starting to feel too much dissapointed about all this...

78 REPLIES 78
saribuga
Visitor

It seems Sony have to release drivers ASAP. At least beta...

bedrock
Visitor

Knowing Sony i dont expect them anytime soon, i just added the Vista Countdown gadget to my sidebar, i think we should rename it the Sony drivers countdown gadget :wink:

Sony Drivers Countdown Gadget

--
bedrock

OzBoz
Visitor

:smileygrin: just fell of my chair laughing.. the absolute cheap ass Trust send me an email:

Thrust is Ready for Windows Vista!

Thinking about switching to Windows Vista? Trust is proud to announce that the majority of all Trust products are working perfectly with Vista.

In the past few months, a team of dedicated developers and experts has been developing new Vista software and drivers. This has not been without result, since the majority of all products are already working perfectly with Vista.. etc etc

:smileygrin: and that's such a cheap ass brand... well... Sony wakie wakie..

djrayon
Visitor

damn yea ... my ar21m = 2200 euros 😃 so i'd like to have some dirvers

okey first off ... true ... its SONY ... one of the world leading electronics company. (shouldnt they release some drivers for advanced users just for testin purposes and ask for feedback 😃 )

anyway read my post about RTM 😃
http://www.club-vaio.com/clubvaio/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=37995

Giovanni26
Visitor

Today, like every day :), i go to vaio-link update and.... I find windows vista in operating system combo!!!

Well, but i find only audio driver.
I hope this is the first and sony release all beta driver.

Giovanni

bedrock
Visitor

OMG,

Sony have Windows Vista on the vaio-link update site, but SigmaTel Audio driver is the only one for FE21S, i wonder if it is any different/better to the one MS Vista install's by default?

Has anyone tested this driver yet?

edit:

Okay, i installed the sound driver, it makes headphones work better and creates the SP/DIFF output, but sound seems very quite now compared with default vista driver 😞

--
bedrock

ayu61200
Visitor

Audio was working, let's say mostly fine, with the default MS driver.

Anyway it's not 2007 and we already have a Vista driver available. That's good, it's way sooner than we all expected.

twicer
Visitor

http://vista.vaio-link.com/vaiovista.html?lang=en

Only one problem - the drivers for the camera on my SZ1XP/C is installed, in the device manager everything is fine byt cannot find the camera?????????? Some ideas?