Join now - be part of our community!

VPCEB3C5E model low pitch noise (sound)

profile.country.en_GB.title
indieque
Visitor

VPCEB3C5E model low pitch noise (sound)

Yeah, i've got VPCEB3C5E model and same problem. Low pitch noise (sound) coming somewhere from the bottom of the screen or somewhere around speakers area. Its really annoying when you are on your own at night.

I tried to disable MIC, even removed the battery but still this stupid noise. Its really irritating and makes a headache. I've sent a letter to Support, lets see what they gonna answer. 0.o

Its such a shame cause I received it yesterday and I'm using it for about one and half day. :[

p.s. actually couple of hours ago I read some forums on russian webs, and i've found solution for this problem. I've just unplugged my mouse from USB port and it helped to reduce the noise. Also it says you've got to unplug AC adaptor but I cant run my laptop only on battery, can I?

Message was edited by: indieque

3 REPLIES 3
indieque
Visitor

Last night I wrote a letter to Support and today I received an answer. It says :

"Thank you for contacting us.

I understand you have an issue with High Pitched Noise,

Please do the following,

As soon as turning on the Vaio please hit F2 Key repeatedly and go in to BIOS screen

Please go in to advanced Tab

And Disable tha C3/C6 Support

This should stop the high pitched noise."

I  did it and suprisingly it solved my terrible noise. But I'm worried now  - what did i disable? How these (c3/c6) is involved at CPU work. Maybe  after 2 month my CPU will burn... ;[

btw, it still makes this sound when I scroll my USB mouse up and down. Of course this constant sound is finished but probably it's something wrong with CPU which SONY mounted into VAIO.

teakster
Visitor

Hi Guys

I have had my Sony VPCEB3C5E for about 4 months now. From day one it has had an annoying high pitched noise - especially loud while on battery alone.

I have searched the forum where this topic was last mentioned in 2007 and cannot believe that Sony hasn't sorted out this problem and that if I want to stop this noise I'll have to reduce the life of the battery by disabling C3/C6 Support in the BIOS.

Does anyone else have the same problem with their VIAO or know of another method of stopping this high pitched noise.

Thanks

akshhaye
Visitor

Having the same problem with my VPCEB3C5E.

I suspect the battery is really overheating, and hence the fan is getting overworked.

My biggest issue with this is that when I voice/vdo chat with people they get a constant din due to the fan.

It gets louder as the laptop gets more and more heated.

Has anyone had similar problems (and got them resolved?)

Please help!