Join now - be part of our community!

VPCEC2SOE + BLURAY PROBLEMS

profile.country.en_GB.title
durtski
Visitor

VPCEC2SOE + BLURAY PROBLEMS

Hi People,

I bought my Vaio about 2 months ago from Argos, it was all working fine with playing back bluray until last week. I bought SKYLINE & it didnt work!!!! So I tried Avatar & that didnt work, in fact none of my blurays are working :slight_frown: It plays DVD's fine. So I purchased power DVD ULTRA& that doesnt play my blurays. I have unisnatlled the drive, rebooted & it reinstalled it....still not working. I take it there is a problem with the system? It doesnmt showany warning icons on the drivein windows...HELP!!!!

Kirsty x

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Kirsty,

It sounds like a hardware problem with the drive and it may need replacement - I would have a word with Vaio Support.

Usually, if the drive plays DVD and CD but not Blu-Ray it is probable that the BD laser has failed. 

Just check first that there are no warnings against the drive in Device Manager and check that the latest version of WinDVD BD 10.0.5.538 has been installed by Vaio Update.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
durtski
Visitor

Hi there, thanks for your valued input. I would try winDVD again, but I uninstalled it & to be honest I havent got a clue how to put it back on...or where to find the original programe :slight_frown:

Kirsty x