Join now - be part of our community!

VZFW.exe Help me??!!!

Biancozz
Visitor

VZFW.exe Help me??!!!

Hello everybody i've bought my sony vaio fs115b just 2 days ago...firstly i say that sony this time has left me just a little bit unsatisfied !!
Why has Sony installed all that unusefull programs like google toolbar yahoo personals , moodlogic ecc...i don't know !!! they could put a more pratic nero burning instead of record now but these are only my preferences.
I liked very much Vaio Zone but here is my real problem!!
When i start windows and i start task manager to analyze how my Cpu was used by the programs, I've found this WZFW.exe file ,concerned with Vaio Entertainment, always running and using the cpu at 99%!!!!!It causes a very slow utilization of my notebook....by using task manager i block the process even if it causes problems at the system cause you know that use a pc with only 1% cpu free is impossible!!!!it's too slow!!So i'm asking you if somebody knows what program have i to uninstall to stop this process or how can i block it at the beginning of XP!!!
I'm Italian and I'm sorry if my english is not perfect.
I hope somebody will help me.
Thank you very much.
Dario.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi

Sorry to hear the VAIO wasn't perfect.
If you go to MSCONFIG (run>MSCONFIG) you can go to the start up tab and remove the check next to this program.

I agree though, Nero would be a real bonus.

Biancozz
Visitor

Thank you very much kee-lo your tip has been very useful !!Dario.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

No problem Dario

wheresmybeaver
Visitor

That problem has happened to a few people on this forum. The problem seems to be Vaio Zone when you've added a large music or photo collection to its library. VZFW.exe seems to spend all its time scanning or something. Problem was solved for us by uninstalling Vaio Zone (shame, I thought it was nice looking software, especially for viewing photos on the tv with music in the background.)

Still, not much you can do with 1% of the CPU.