Join now - be part of our community!

Warranty - pixels not working

gfaelli
Visitor

Warranty - pixels not working

Do you guys know how many days we have to change the laptop for a new one instead send it to Sony??
I just realised that my screen has some pixels not working. I mean, there are like "blank points"...

thanx

17 REPLIES 17
gfaelli
Visitor

Don't worry guys.. I've found the answer!!
:smileygrin: :smileygrin:
cheers

TygerTyger
Visitor

Another job well done :smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Dust on the screen?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
TygerTyger
Visitor

Well, since I don't want to be entirely wasteful in this thread, I believe Samsung now do a zero-tolerance policy for bad pixels. One bad pixels and back it goes. Excellent I must say, they always did make very good quality screens, guess that's whats called confidence in your product :slight_smile:

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

I was about to return a monitor once for what I believed to be dead pixels. But just before I did I gave it a clean and noticed they were'nt dead pixels after all. I'd opened a lively can of lager a few days before and it must have sprayed lots of little drops of beer onto the screen. :laughing:

gfaelli
Visitor

You have said Samsung, right?!
I hope Sony does the same..:smileygrin: :smileygrin:
And I don't have just one bad pixel, but like 20....:smileycry:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

TR, did a similar thing with my parents LCD, but they had just not wipes it for a few weeks.

Fixed it.

As for Samsung I am going to get a 17" for my RA104, £150.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

NO. Sony DO NOT do the same as Samsung.

Sony still operate on the Class 2 ISO Standard, which is any 5 stuck* or black pixels in a random location OR 3 grouped or clustered stuck* or black pixels on the screen qualify for a replacement LCD.

* Stuck in this case means Blue/Green/Red pixels that never change colour regardless of what is on the screen.

Eugenepang
Visitor

he LCD displays built into all Sony portable systems are produced by highly accurate technology. It should be clear though that no manufacturing process is perfect. On an average LCD display, there are some 2.36 million individual transistors printed onto the XGA display panel. Even with the highest quality standards Sony maintains in its manufacturing process, it is not unusual for 1 or more of these Picture Elements, or pixels, to be stuck in an unchanging state.

A faulty pixel can be recognised as a tiny black spot (where the pixel is stuck), or a constant Red, Green, or Blue spot (where the pixel is stuck). In most cases, stuck pixels are hardly noticeable and should not affect the display quality and working comfort.

Sony wants to stress as well that a stuck pixel is a fixed feature of the display and will not spread to nearby pixels.

Make sure your PCG-X18 meets basic specifications:

* Screen Area: 1024x768
* Maximum number of tolerated stuck pixels: 5

Please contact Vaio Link in case:

* You have missing or stuck pixels being clustered in a small area.
* You believe the number of missing or stuck pixels to be higher than what is listed within tolerance.