Join now - be part of our community!

WHAT ARE SONY THINKING-COMPONENT IS THE DEFAULT OVER HDMI

h4
Visitor

WHAT ARE SONY THINKING-COMPONENT IS THE DEFAULT OVER HDMI

Having just spoken to Vaio support I have learnt that after finally getting a dream set up i cant have it the way i want.

I have an lcd tv connected via the hdmi to my xl301, and the projector via the component. I use the tv more and want this to be the default screen. I'm happy to use the nvidia panel to switch over each time between screens, but what i am totally frustrated is that when i come down in the morning to switch on my tv and xl301 the projector is the default screen.

Vaio say that there is no solution to this as it is integrated into the hardware - i.e. the screen will always default to the component output. So this means that i have to plug/unplug the component leads everytime i want to switch between screens.

I thought that in the digital age hdmi was supposed to be the standard. I was amazed when i was told this, just as i was amazed that i couldnt run the same image on two screens and had to use the nvidia control panel.

I just want to use my remote(s) and be watching my latest movie at the press of the button.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yes, it sounds very frustrating to me too, really it should default to HDMI. I guess this is due to the way the drivers are written really, because the vendor should really be able to make HDMI default.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Now I know why the manual says you cannot connect HDMI and Component at the same time!!

Page 16

:slight_frown:

ChalkyWhite71
Visitor

Hi H4, i'll have to keep your forum entries in mind as I have the same setup and problems.

Although..... if i remember to switch video output back to the HDMI before I go to bed, then in the morning it does stay on HDMI. I've not had to remove any leads for ages, although like you say would prefer to switch displays via the remote, than via the video applet.

Same goes for sound, having to use the SigmaTel properties dialogue to switch from optical to HDMI out for Dolby Dig is a chore!

I agree with Kee-Lo, it'll all be down to drivers I think rather than limitations by Microsoft or Sony.

brichards
Visitor

Hi,

How do you change from component to HDMI on the 201 what do i go into it is so frustrating

HELP PLEASE

Regards,

Brian