Join now - be part of our community!

What means SD / MMC Drive (F:) on SZ2VP?

mhknauber
Visitor

What means SD / MMC Drive (F:) on SZ2VP?

Hi together!

I own a SZ2VP, running MS Vista. In "My Computer" I see Drive (C:), DVD (D:), Memory Stick (E:) (the built-in MS-Duo-Slot), and a SD/MMC (F:) which I don't understand?! If I put the supplied memory card adapter into the PC-Card slot it comes up as "G:". So where or what is "F:"?

Greets from Germany and sorry for mistakes, Martin

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
jumbles1971
Visitor

SD/MMC (Secure Digital/Multi Media Card) is pretty much the standard memory card for gadgets like digital cameras.

The Memory Stick and SD/MMC slots are both built in to the memory card adapter so every time you plug in the adapter your VAIO sees two new drives. See page 58 (English version) of the User Guide for more info. Look in C:\Documentation\Documentation and the choose your language.

Hope this helps
Jumbles

mhknauber
Visitor

Thank You, but...

I know all that, but I see that mysterious drive F: *even without adapter plugged in*, in fact like a built-in drive, even with own SD-Card-Icon?! The "E:" is the built in drive for MS Duo on the left hand side of the Laptop, when I plug in the adapter there is *one* further drive "G:" coming up, no matter whether I use a normal MS or a SD-Card

Again thank You, Martin

profile.country.en_GB.title
jumbles1971
Visitor

Ahhh! I understand now. Unfortunately I don't know how to fix it. Sorry.