Join now - be part of our community!

Where can i get the software included in my preinstallation

iis-media
Visitor

Where can i get the software included in my preinstallation

I Want to install winXPpro on my vaio. I need some funkitons for use in a domain environment. I have a licence of my own?

thanks for your effort

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

The applications will be on the recovery disks, assuming that you have created them, but be warned that the installation of these on your own version of XP is not always straightforward.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
iis-media
Visitor

The performance suffers under the needless softwate elements. I am afraid thad the system driver are optimized for XPhome and there are problems expected if i update to XPpro.

That is not OK. Wy do they not deliver the notebook with the application cd`s? I only wan't to install a new system like all Admins in the world. The Adobe Software is necessary for my work.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I am afraid thad the system driver are optimized for XPhome and there are problems expected if i update to XPpro.

The drivers are identical for both XP Home and XP pro.
Wy do they not deliver the notebook with the application cd`s?

Sony are not alone in this, have you created your recovery disks (media).

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
iis-media
Visitor

Thanks,

yes i create a 2 dvds for applications and the system with the recovery tool. I think i understand what you want to show me below. Am i right that i only have to install the recovery tool after the new installation of WinXPpro and install after this, the applications with the recovery tool?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

In theory you should be able to get the Application Recovery Wizard to work by following the procedures outlined in this guide (ignore references to US links and download any necessary drivers and utilities from Vaio-Link), but judging from many posts in this forum it is certainly not always the case.

Alternatively download the pre-installed Drivers and Utilities (from Vaio-Link) and install these after your clean install of XP. Then use an application called kcap to unpack your recovery disks and install any Applications that you want. Have a look HERE.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
iis-media
Visitor

Thanks Rich,

it was a pleasure to communicate with a profesionall vaio expert.

ISI

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You're welcme ISI. Best of luck with the clean install.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat