Join now - be part of our community!

WHITE NOISE WHEN USING SKYPE

profile.country.fi_FI.title
swands
Visitor

WHITE NOISE WHEN USING SKYPE

There is problem in my Sony Vaio laptop. I have bought new VPCEH2C0E/B 5days back

1. When i use skype, there is a a background white noise (like a TV with no signal). The person at the other end cannot hear 'coz of the white noise. I have updated the driver, restarted and checked again and again several times. I have checked the sound settings in control panel also many more times. I have done several skype test calls, and i can hear my voice, it is low and the white noise is too loud.

2. Also, when i listen to youtube videos using brand new headsets, after about 5 to 10minutes of listening, suddenly in between the Right headphone piece does not have sound. Only left side works. This will begin working ok if i reinstall the Audio driver for Sony and restart. This has happened twice within a 6 hours period.

I have another HP laptop and in so many years i have had no problem at all and there is no problem in HP even now when i use it with Skype or Youtube. I have 100M speed internet.

I have tried with laptop connected to power supply and when it is not connected to power supply. I read online somewhere that when vaio laptop is running on battery, the white noise reduces and it would be best to return the VAIO to Sony and take a refund and buy a different model like HP, DELL, SAMSUNG.

I have done all driver updates and restarted everytime after the drivers have been installed. 64 bit Windows 7 home premium OS. All windows updates and VAIO updates have been done and are fully installed.

Please suggest if it can be solved by changing settings or whether i should return it to shop (Sony)

Message was edited by: swands

Message was edited by: swands

0 REPLIES 0