Join now - be part of our community!

Why are music album art & data consistently incorrect in Sony Media Gallery but correct in Sony Media Go and Windows Media Centre?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Haliaeetus
Visitor

Why are music album art & data consistently incorrect in Sony Media Gallery but correct in Sony Media Go and Windows Media Centre?

When music albums/files are installed (either via Sony or Windows programs) on my Vaio, Media Gallery consistently shows incorrect album art and album data for these files/albums whereas other Sony (Media Go) and Windows media programs/applications give far more correct, up-to-date and accurate results. A very frequent problem in Media Gallery is that an album will be correctly identified by title etc but the associated image will be from another album by the same artist or even that of another artist. Moreover, when Media Gallery does correctly identify music albums/files and associates them with the correct images it consistently gives poor quality images of obscure versions of album art rather than the standard album covers. This is again in contrast to Sony Media Go and Windows media applications such as Windows Media Centre which give much more consistent and accurate results. All of this is just as much a problem with the latest version of Media Gallery which I downloaded today as it is with the last version. The problem is worst with classical, jazz and rarer albums but it also afflicts many extremely popular pop and rock albums by internationally acclaimed/leading artists (both current and vintage) from across the music spectrum. I have so far failed to find any way of "up-grading" the Media Gallery to give correct images and album/artist data/information. Furthermore, Media Gallery often continues to show photos and album images which have been repeatedly deleted. All this is a pity as many aspects of Media Gallery are appealing and superior to Windows Media Centre etc. Does anybody have useful ideas on how to resolve any of these problems with Sony Media Gallery?

0 REPLIES 0