Join now - be part of our community!

Why are my torrent speeds slowing to a halt when I close laptop Lid?

profile.country.GB.title
johayne98

Why are my torrent speeds slowing to a halt when I close laptop Lid?

Hello I am using a vaio VPCEB2ZOE

I used to be able to shut the laptop lid and download torrents over  night , all night ., with older utorrent versions.... Though , now as  soon as I shut the lid , my torrent download speed slows down to 0-5kps

Before you say "check your power options ", I have already optimised  them . I have made sure by changing the options that the computer  doesn't sleep, hibernate or save power in any way(I had to do this many  times before ).
I Have selected to 'Do Nothing' when shutting the lid,  also i have  De-selected  'allow windows to turn off device to save power' in the  wireless adapter settings .

I have scoured and searched the forums . I have Tried all the given  remedies , as mentioned above. . I even reinstalled several versions of  Utorrent - No Joy

According to the power options , the computer should be un-phased and continue downloading , as I have done so before .

Could it be the new Utorrent version , or is there some kind of problem  with windows?. As mentioned above I have downloaded torrents with the  lid shut many, many times before . I am aware of the power options , and  although the computer doesn't sleep , hibernate or shut-down now , the  torrent download speed is lost as soon as I shut the lid

Any solutions for this ?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.de_BE.title
stephanius
Visitor

Since you checked the usual suspects already, I don't have much to offer off-hand.

Maybe I can help you see what's going on though. Take a paperclip, hold it loosely and move it over the frame of the display to find the small magnet that triggers the lid close sensor when you close the notebook.

Use a small magnet on the corresponding spot on the palm rest and see if there is any message by utorrent or whatever utilities you deem appropriate (sysinternals?) to investigate.