Join now - be part of our community!

Why do ALL MP3 players have so many faults?

profile.country.de_DE.title
thwi
Visitor

Why do ALL MP3 players have so many faults?

Hi,
recently I was wondering why basically EVERY MP3 player which is current available has lots of flaws and faults. I´ve scrolled through various forums from Apple, iriver, iAudio, Sony (of course) - it´s always the same. The devices keep crashing, they freeze, they simply die after a short time, the harddisks make strange noises, files don´t sound right....the list seems to be endless.
I would assume that devices which aren´t the cheapest toys should be manufactured more carefully. Looking back at the "good old days" analogue devices like the original Walkman worked for ages.
Maybe it´s the price for digital technology that almost nothing works completely right.
In the end there is one "good" thing about it: For every complaint about the Vaio Pocket you´ll find at least the same amount of complaints for iPods, iRivers, etc.
Amazing - but this can´t be right.....or am I expecting too much?
Opinions are appreciated 🙂
Cheers,
Thomas

16 REPLIES 16
seb21__
Visitor

Jep, but what I really don't like, are the ear pad. They are not easy to clean.:smileybeat_up:

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

But they are really comfortable and you can buy new ones. HD565 pads cost around £30 in the UK - pretty expensive for furry foam though :laughing:

seb21__
Visitor

:laughing: :laughing:

LOL, I wash them with a bit soap and warm water. But they need a day for drying.:smileybeat_up:

chris_lewis
Visitor

I know I keep going on about it but the NW-HD1 has given me no trouble at all, not crashed once and excellent build quality too, its size also kicks ipods ass as does its 20+ hour battery life!

C

hldomster
Visitor

I know I keep going on about it but the HD5 is coming VERY shortly, and it is set to be astunner, I had the HD3 and it was brilliant.

chris_lewis
Visitor

:laughing: :cool:

C

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I ran out of money when I bought the iPod photo & the phones :cry:

Yeah know what you mean, at least the iPod has gone down by £100, it used to be £399 for a 30GB!