Join now - be part of our community!

Why has Microsoft Word disappeared from my laptop? How can I get it back?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Jolly2
Visitor

Why has Microsoft Word disappeared from my laptop? How can I get it back?

Microsoft Word seems to have disappeared from my laptop.  When I try and open a document I get a prompt from the 'Click-to-run Application Manager' which says that the Microsoft Word Starter 2010 cannot be opened.  I am then led to a box where I have the option of buying this 2010 version or putting in a 25 numbered password to show that I already have it.

I had an older version of Word installed (I think 2007) and was perfectly happy with it.  Does anyone know how I can get it back? 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jolly2,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Jolly2 wrote:

When I try and open a document I get a prompt from the 'Click-to-run Application Manager' which says that the Microsoft Word Starter 2010 cannot be opened.  I am then led to a box where I have the option of buying this 2010 version or putting in a 25 numbered password to show that I already have it.

It sounds like your trial period has expired, if you want to continue to use Office 2010 you'll need to purchase a licence from Microsoft..

Jolly2 wrote:

I had an older version of Word installed (I think 2007) and was perfectly happy with it.  Does anyone know how I can get it back? 

Whick version of word is currently installed on your Vaio..:smileyconfused:

If you have both versions installed & want to use your 2007 version try uninstalling Office 2010 then installing your 2007 version again..