Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 10 Battery Issue

andydesigns
Explorer

Windows 10 Battery Issue

Hi,

I recently upgraded my Sony SVZ1311C5E to Windows 10. Everything is working fine except I noticed both my batteries will only charge upto 80% and then say "not charging".

I believe the VAIO Control Center can be used to resolve this but unfortunately it's not available as a download for Windows 10.

So I contacted Sony Support. Their response was very disappointing stating:

"With reference to your inquiry Please note that Sony will not be providing Windows 10 support for your VAIO computer.
It is unlikely that the hardware from your model will match the system requirements for Windows 10, and the software and applications on your computer might not be compatible."

They then suggest rolling back to a previous version of Windows.

I really don't feel this acceptable as the laptop far exceeds the minimum requirements for Windows 10:

Min. Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) - Installed Processor: Intel Core i5-3210M @ 2.5GHZ
Min.RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit - Installed RAM: 4GB
Min. Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS - Installed: 2x64GB SSD Raid

It also shows on their own compatability chart that my model should be fine with Windows 10: http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/81930

Has anyone else come across this issue and found a solution? - Any help would be much appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0