Join now - be part of our community!

WIndows Re-installation issues...

mrgame_cat
Visitor

WIndows Re-installation issues...

Hi guys...

Due to ever increasing problems with Direct X 9.0 and Service Pack 2 I have decided to reinstall Windows XP Home onto my FR415B Vaio.

The reason I am going to use Home is that I tried to install XP Pro on it when I first got it and the drivers for Function Keys etc would not work...

My question is... If I format and reinstall will I be able to download all the drivers for the hardware (ie the screen, pointing device, function keys etc)

I have lost the original recovery disk and will be reinstalling windows using a seperate copy...

Please help me!!1

33 REPLIES 33
TygerTyger
Visitor

You can do exactly that, and still keep XP Pro. Head over to the downloads section of www.vaio-link.com and download the 'Original Drivers Package.' The Fn Functions key software should be in there, along with all the other main component drivers.

mrgame_cat
Visitor

If this works I will let you sleep with my sister. seriously...

Jonmorse
Visitor

Yeah if you go to:-

http://www.vaio-link.com/downloads/downloads.asp?l=en

Select your model and then you should get a list of the drivers etc. There is even a "Defult Drivers" download for most models. This gives you the drivers which are shipped with the laptop when new.

Hope it helps.

Jon

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

If this works I will let you sleep with my sister.  seriously...

ROFLMFAO

tellingd
Visitor

If this works I will let you sleep with my sister.  seriously...

I hope she's a looker - TT has standards you know :tongue:

kee-lo_

How did I know you'd reply DT???? :wink:

tellingd
Visitor

:smileyblush: :smileygrin:

mrgame_cat
Visitor

Haha, she is not bad. Not my type, but then I don't go for members of my immediate family...

Anyway guys, I am about to reinstall using xp pro instead of home like suggested. Are you sure the original sony drivers i am about to download will work with this?

also the reason i am reinstalling is because media player, quicktime and real player have all stopped functioning properly and NOTHING i can do will sort this out.

I have checked dxdiag, i have scanned all the system files, and i have checked dsound.dll (which is causing the problem) and nothing appears to be wrong...

If anyone can help me on this I might even get another female (or male) member of my family involved

tellingd
Visitor

Can you be more specific? "Not functioning properly" is a little vague. :slight_smile: