Join now - be part of our community!

WIndows Re-installation issues...

mrgame_cat
Visitor

WIndows Re-installation issues...

Hi guys...

Due to ever increasing problems with Direct X 9.0 and Service Pack 2 I have decided to reinstall Windows XP Home onto my FR415B Vaio.

The reason I am going to use Home is that I tried to install XP Pro on it when I first got it and the drivers for Function Keys etc would not work...

My question is... If I format and reinstall will I be able to download all the drivers for the hardware (ie the screen, pointing device, function keys etc)

I have lost the original recovery disk and will be reinstalling windows using a seperate copy...

Please help me!!1

33 REPLIES 33
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hehe James is very stubbon Sony.........................

Woody27
Visitor

Do the rest of you get the feeling that we are the only ones that read this forum ?

To Sony, Club VAIO, VAIO Europe, VAIO-Link... ...at least one of you could actually read the forum and persuade the powers that be to address some of the issues that are raised!

We arethe users / consumers of your equipment, the peaple that ultimately pay your wages... ...give us help (and appropriate downloads / updates) when we ask for them!

I'm totally with James, Keelo etc on this one!!

CW

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Thankyou for your support Woody. Sony don't seem to listen to us at the moment. I am optimistic for the future:smileywink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Woody,

The tumbleweed is setting in.........