Join now - be part of our community!

Windows vista Boot up on Vaio

tazz24mania
Visitor

Windows vista Boot up on Vaio

I recently purchased a lovely vaio FW Series. It is only 6weeks old but in that time I have had endless trouble with it. First started of by the boot-loader suddenly disappearing so i was unable to boot up the OS. I couldn't even boot to the restore partition. In the end I had to call sony and have them try and charge me for the restore disks at £25 per disk... (and theres 5 of them). But i got them for free after a little complaining.
Secondly about 2 weeks after getting it and having it connected to my wireless network the internet drops out. (I know what you are saying... call your isp) but i have done all troubleshooting and it points to the wireless card. When i turn it off then turn it back on I get an error about "Bluetooth Device is undiscoverable" then it just goes to the yellow triangle with exclamation mark on the wireless icon.
Now I have liost the bootloader again... I am unwilling to format my hard drive again just to sort out my bootloader. Is there anything that can be done. Just the sony viao does not include the WINRE just its own.

0 REPLIES 0