Join now - be part of our community!

Windows XP on VPCEB2Z1E/BQ

profile.country.ro_RO.title
SilviuSTG
Visitor

Windows XP on VPCEB2Z1E/BQ

Hello,

I what to buy this laptop model "VPCEB2Z1E/BQ" but I need to be sure that I can install Windows XP on it, in particular all the drivers. I saw on the support page four this model that a application named "XP downgrade installer v4.0 for VAIO notebooks" and is 32 bits this model is 64. And I am not sure if will work with all drivers.

Some one had some answers.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
SilviuSTG
Visitor

Any, ideas?

10x

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sony only support a downgrade to 32-bit versions of XP - even for their top-of-the-range business models costing over £3,000. The processor can use either 32 or 64-bit systems.

If you wish to install 64-bit XP, you are on your own and will have to find each 64-bit XP driver individually - if they exist.  You will also lose any preinstalled software which cannot be replaced.  If you must use XP then I would settle for the 32-bit option.

:neutral:

SilviuSTG
Visitor

Yes, I want to use the 32bit version, (I run some special programs that until now they not support Win7) but I am not sure if is possible to install on this model Windows XP 32Bit, do to the memory RAM - and video memory.
If so all the driver will be compatible?
Here is the laptop description, some of the page is in Romanian but I think you will understand the characteristics:
10x 4 the answer.