Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless switch does not work - VPCCW2S1EL

profile.country.DK.title
kihanse74
New

Wireless switch does not work - VPCCW2S1EL

Hi community :slight_smile:

My 7+ year old VPCCW2S1EL has a wireless switch (a physical switch on the right side of the laptop's front), and this switch seems to no longer work. When it worked, I could move the switch from "OFF" to "ON", a light would turn on, and I was able to connect wirelessly to the internet. For about a year the switch has not worked - the light does not come on, and the VAIO Smart Network software does not allow me to connect, but just tells me to turn on the wireless switch, which I cannot do.

1. Might there be a software solution to my problem? (I think my drivers are updated - I have the Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter 10.0.0.315 from May 5 2015, but I don't know if this is the most relevant driver to check)
  2. If the problem is a hardware-problem, a faulty physical switch, do you know if I may be able to do the repair myself, or who I should contact, now that VAIO has been sold?
  3. My guess is that the switch is faulty, and repair is futile. Do you know some compatible hardware that can get me connected wirelessly again? Cardbus, dongle, whatever. I am running Windows 7.

If there is some way of overriding the physical switch altogether, please let me know.

Regards

K

VAIO Veteran

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi K and welcome :slight_smile:

There doesn't appear to anyone with a similar problem or solution, so you may be better asking the Sony Support team if they are able to help.

Hope you find a fix.

Mick