Join now - be part of our community!

Wlan not working after reinstalling Windows 7

SOLVED
profile.country.en_SE.title
joachimperson
New

Wlan not working after reinstalling Windows 7

I am about to sell my Vaio VPCEB3S1E and I have reinstalled Win 7 by using a download given by Microsoft support. Then I have downloaded and installed most of the software at https://www.sony.se/support/sv/content/cnt-dwnl/VPCEB3S1E/list#os1. However, I cannot get the wireless Atheros AR9285 Network adapter to work. There are 'no networks available' when clicking the icon next to the clock in the lower right corner of the screen. And when clicking 'troubleshoot' it tells me to activate wireless communication by using the slider button at the front end of the laptop. However, it is already activated. Also, when looking in Device Manager, it says that the adapter is active and working. Anyone with ideas why WLAN is not working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joachimperson
New

Thanks @Marino.Manolo,

I have already tried that but it did not work.

However, when I starten up the PC this morning it just worked. Very strange. I guess it could have something to do with me uninstalling and installing the network drivers.

BR

Joachim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi @joachimperson,

try this, uninstall the device from Device manager, after that click on menù Action > Scan for hardware changes.

Manolo

joachimperson
New

Thanks @Marino.Manolo,

I have already tried that but it did not work.

However, when I starten up the PC this morning it just worked. Very strange. I guess it could have something to do with me uninstalling and installing the network drivers.

BR

Joachim