Join now - be part of our community!

Woe is Me

apierc1
Visitor

Woe is Me

Hello people,

[Sigh] I got my Vaio back again today the second time back from Sony repair. The screen I do not believe is up to satisfation. I am going to try and put a wee video on here of my problem

Black and White capture

Click here for Colour capture (harder to see)

Had to go with links, if you ignore the sharp lines that appear and try to look for the dark thik splody lines and marks that appear on the screen, that happens when I apply a small presure with one finger on the casing around the screen at the bottom (also happens when pressure applied on casing around other areas of screen) this effect is hard to pick up on camera but also is visible with movement of the screen or the laptop in general!

42 REPLIES 42
apierc1
Visitor

Any thoguhts Rich Kee-Lo, Thalmus, anyone?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sorry I can't see that 😞

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Sorry apierc1, I can't see anything either..:smileysad:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

God I'm glad I'm not alone, was trying to make out your face in the reflection :smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hahaha so was I...:smileylaugh:

apierc1
Visitor

Sorry they were both colour links, have changed it now so the black and white one is there, where the picture of the screen is not entirely uniform grey, that is actually visible on the screen, not an effect of the camera. It is hard to see, but is very visible in real life.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Can't see it very clearly but it does look like the effect you would get by pressing the screen with your finger! Perhaps the surround is distorting the screen when you touch it.

I presume it is much less noticeable when the screen is not blank but if it worries you, you know the next step!!!!!

:cry:

apierc1
Visitor

I do, I have taken it into my local Sony Centre, just to make sure I'm not being a padantic Tw@T but they told me I should send it back, and it is due for pick up tomorrow, again! Also, the pressing onthe surround is an "exagerated" form of what happens if i move the laptop or wobble the screen withought applying any pressure to the actual screen, it's almost like there is already too much pressure on the screen.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi apierc1

Is this the third time your vaio has gone back now, I've lost count..

:slight_frown: