Join now - be part of our community!

Woe is Me

apierc1
Visitor

Woe is Me

Hello people,

[Sigh] I got my Vaio back again today the second time back from Sony repair. The screen I do not believe is up to satisfation. I am going to try and put a wee video on here of my problem

Black and White capture

Click here for Colour capture (harder to see)

Had to go with links, if you ignore the sharp lines that appear and try to look for the dark thik splody lines and marks that appear on the screen, that happens when I apply a small presure with one finger on the casing around the screen at the bottom (also happens when pressure applied on casing around other areas of screen) this effect is hard to pick up on camera but also is visible with movement of the screen or the laptop in general!

42 REPLIES 42
apierc1
Visitor

Yes this will be the 3rd time, both this time and the last are for the same thing :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hmm, I would have expected the tech's to have at least tested the screen before shipping it back to you...:smileyshocked:

apierc1
Visitor

So wud I, it doesn't actually look like the black surround of the screen is on to a good standard, i think it might be applying undue pressure on the screen. Or could be the excessive coldness it seems to come back to me in making the screen hyper sensetive.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Lets hope it gets the full service it requires!

apierc1
Visitor

Yes hopefully :slight_smile: I hope this time they take the time to actually look at the computer rather than just shoving a new LCD screen and motherboard in it as that seems like a complete waste.

grahambird80
Visitor

Which model is you machine.

When I worked at john lewis i can reamber a few models with this problem I belive that its a design fault.

I dont think that there is much you can do about it, as it is not actualy a faulty component.

i know thats not much help

apierc1
Visitor

Hello grahambird80, i see your point about that, my model is a VGN FS-285E, my main problem would be if they said that is that i didn't have this problem until after i sent the laptop in for repair, and they have put in 3 new screens to date, i would actually say that this would be a bigger fault than my original problem with the screen.
Anyway, hopefully they will get it sorted this time,

Thanks

Andy

kee-lo_

Got it back yet Andy?

apierc1
Visitor

Hi Kee, no haven't got it back yet, it's status is still

Your product has been received at our SONY repair centre. It is being allocated to a Repair Technician for further investigation.

Which it has been at since they got it in, so 2-3 days at least, i am actually losing track of it all, i should make a note of it.

i hope that it means that an engineer is vigourously interogating my machine to resolve my problems :smileygrin:

on a plus note, I got my 6th, 7th or 8th, (I really can't remember) PSP yesterday, and i am happy to say it seems to be 100% fault free :smileygrin: woohoo, Sony might be shifting dodgy stock, but at least they (and HMV) have been helpfull in replacing my faulty units until i got a good one withought hassel, so woohoo I have many psping hours ahead of me!!:smileygrin:

kee-lo_

Hehe yeah I hope they're looking at it closely.