Join now - be part of our community!

Woe is Me

apierc1
Visitor

Woe is Me

Hello people,

[Sigh] I got my Vaio back again today the second time back from Sony repair. The screen I do not believe is up to satisfation. I am going to try and put a wee video on here of my problem

Black and White capture

Click here for Colour capture (harder to see)

Had to go with links, if you ignore the sharp lines that appear and try to look for the dark thik splody lines and marks that appear on the screen, that happens when I apply a small presure with one finger on the casing around the screen at the bottom (also happens when pressure applied on casing around other areas of screen) this effect is hard to pick up on camera but also is visible with movement of the screen or the laptop in general!

42 REPLIES 42
apierc1
Visitor

Cool well it was apparently repaired yesterday and was at end of line for testing, they again replaced the LCD screen, thats like the 4th replacement since I sent it off in September, so hopefully I will get it back tomorrow unless it fails testing.
its been away for about 4-5 weeks now.

Current status on the support page

Your product has been serviced and is being prepared for shipping to the last provided delivery address

Airwaybill number / Tracking Reference

Following parts were replaced :

ASSY LCD (BR-WLAN)(Q)(S)(WHITE)

So anyway will see when I get it back if it has been cured of it's problems.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Andy,

Fingers crossed everything will be ok this time..:smileygood_luck:

apierc1
Visitor

Thank you Thalmus, much appreciated :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Aye, good luck

apierc1
Visitor

Well I got it back, it actually doesn't seem anything different to when I sent it back last time. Can I ask, whats the chances the didn't replace the screen even though they said they did (I just mean this last time, or maube they just changed the casing?) Just it seems to have this dodgy light emissionf from side of screen (its quite small in semi sercular fashion) than when I sent it back, which is weird, plus theres a wee mark on other side of plastic on the screen.
Well they're going to phone me back tomos.

kee-lo_

You're not the first to say that Andy.

apierc1
Visitor

Oh right, well I'm going to bring it up when they phone me back (they said they would today but haven't) cos I think it most likely is. Does anyone know the chances of being able ot talk to one of the technicians if I ask the Vaio-Link support, I really need this laptop stuff sorted now, dragging on far too long.:smileysad:

robpaxton
Explorer

You've no chance of getting to speak to an engineer - I am pretty sure the front line staff don't have that facility available to them. The best you will be able to achieve is contact with a customer relations executive but you'll have to escalate the problem to a supervisor first..

apierc1
Visitor

I've been talking to the Supervisors for some week, my Laptops been on the escalated list for a while now, each subsequent time it's been in. I just can't understand why It keeps getting returned with the same problem unfixed.

apierc1
Visitor

Oooh how exciting the site has updates :smileygrin: