Join now - be part of our community!

Woe is Me

apierc1
Visitor

Woe is Me

Hello people,

[Sigh] I got my Vaio back again today the second time back from Sony repair. The screen I do not believe is up to satisfation. I am going to try and put a wee video on here of my problem

Black and White capture

Click here for Colour capture (harder to see)

Had to go with links, if you ignore the sharp lines that appear and try to look for the dark thik splody lines and marks that appear on the screen, that happens when I apply a small presure with one finger on the casing around the screen at the bottom (also happens when pressure applied on casing around other areas of screen) this effect is hard to pick up on camera but also is visible with movement of the screen or the laptop in general!

42 REPLIES 42
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Yeah it's very :cool:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

It's getting a bit much, hopefully they'll replace it like they did for Zina.

apierc1
Visitor

Well a replacement of just this one fixed propery will do, a supervisor from vaio link is supposed to phone tomorrow morning which will probablly result in my machine going off again. You are right it is too much, it's bad with such good service at the end of the phone but the repairs not matching up with that service.

kee-lo_

Probably costing you a small fortune in phone bills too :slight_frown:

apierc1
Visitor

Well it will be using a heap of my free minutes, that's why I kept going to HMV to phone the PSP hotline cos thats premium rate even for warranty!!!!! rather annoying

kee-lo_

Well it will be using a heap of my free minutes, that's why I kept going to HMV to phone the PSP hotline cos thats premium rate even for warranty!!!!! rather annoying

Ouch

apierc1
Visitor

Hello peeps, well my laptops being collected again tomorrow, being prioritised to a senior engineer. I wanted to ask if anyone knows, seen as I have had the same thing happen on 3 different screens, what do they do at the repair centre, do they just do a blanket repair, if I say ther screens dodgy do they just replace it or do they actually check it? As I have put before I 've taken it into a Sony Centre and the guy in there said the screens not rights, but I pressume that they are finding a fault with the screen when I am sending it back hence the LCD replacements every time :thinking:
Also does anyone know, so they replace the whole screen part, casing and all? I thought it could maybe be the black surround with Vaio ond lmodel number being put back on incorectly :thinking:

kee-lo_

As it's going to a senior I expect (yeah right) that you'd be getting the full treatment, as the juniors haven't solved it.

apierc1
Visitor

Lol I can just imagine a load of spotty teenagers picking their noses thinking "whats an LCD"

apierc1
Visitor

Woo hello people! Well my laptop is to be sent off again this morning, but I was rudely awuoken at the ungodly hour of about 9.10, but thats not too bad as it was somebody from Sonys headquaters (I pressume European) from Brussels. He has informed me that if the head engineer finds a fault with my screen when it goes in this time that they will phone me up and offer me another unit :smileygrin: (as in a new laptop) so this will mean that the problem should be resolved this time for sure :smileyblush:
Now seen as I am finding the same problem that I have sent the unit back for the last 2 (or is it 3) times and it's exactally the same thing happening with the screen, as I said in previous post, unless they have just been replacing the screen blindly because I said there is a problem, then they will deffinately find it to be faulty. So anyway, I will hopefully be back on early next week to give you the resolution to my Saga :slight_smile:

Signing of for now

Andy