Join now - be part of our community!

Woe is Me

apierc1
Visitor

Woe is Me

Hello people,

[Sigh] I got my Vaio back again today the second time back from Sony repair. The screen I do not believe is up to satisfation. I am going to try and put a wee video on here of my problem

Black and White capture

Click here for Colour capture (harder to see)

Had to go with links, if you ignore the sharp lines that appear and try to look for the dark thik splody lines and marks that appear on the screen, that happens when I apply a small presure with one finger on the casing around the screen at the bottom (also happens when pressure applied on casing around other areas of screen) this effect is hard to pick up on camera but also is visible with movement of the screen or the laptop in general!

42 REPLIES 42
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

It could be another part of the machine is causing the fault.

apierc1
Visitor

I am aware of this Kee, and infact I have suggested this to Sony on a number of occasions, but as I have been told , if a fault is identified i will be offered a brand new unit so I am happy :slight_smile: I would be happy with my original unit fully functioning as I bought it, but I think it is good that Sony (as the Supervisor said on the phone yesterday, goodwill/compensate for how long this has been going on) that I get a computer that I can start using properly for my studies as thats what it is primarily for. I must stress that appart form one guy once (who seemed to be on another planet) the Vaio-Link staff I have spoken to on the phone have been excellent and very helpfull and understanding :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

It's good to see that they've been good. Hopefully this will be finally sorted.