Join now - be part of our community!

XL201 - Screen Res?

malik999
Visitor

XL201 - Screen Res?

Is anyone using this with a 42" Panasonic Plasma?

1) The best screen resolution I can find is 1176x664 however when watching divx movies i have black bars (approx 1 inch down the left and right sides). Any ideas on the problem?
Is everyone else with a 4" screen using 1176x664?

2) I want to connect this to a Sky+ Digibox but the best connection i can~
see is svideo which is a poor connection. Is this the best i can expect?.

Sadly so far im a bit disappointed with my xl201 and its PQ.

2 REPLIES 2
Chewie2000
Visitor

As far as Sky+ connectivity I would use RGB over SCART or S-Video... never had problems with quality

For the resolution why are using the screen res settings... if you have an HD set connected via HDMI just go into the Nvidia driver settings (not the Windows desktop settings) and select 720p or 1080p (whichever your TV supports) and adjust the underscan/overscan so it fills the screen

Its not the PC

malik999
Visitor

As far as Sky+ connectivity I would use RGB over SCART or S-Video... never had problems with quality

For the resolution why are using the screen res settings... if you have an HD set connected via HDMI just go into the Nvidia driver settings (not the Windows desktop settings) and select 720p or 1080p (whichever your TV supports) and adjust the underscan/overscan so it fills the screen

Its not the PC

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

When you say connect via scart, do you mean using a scart to svideo lead?

I just can seem to find the right settings. My tv supports 720p or 1080i
if i set nvidia to 1080 i then cant get a desktop to look right, if i go with 720p desktop fits ok but i have movies in a box again

Does anyone else have a Panasonic 42PX60 with a XL201 ?