Join now - be part of our community!

XP installation CD?

Murdoc83
Visitor

XP installation CD?

I have bought a Sony Vaio FE11S. What do I need to do when my notebook asks to place the Win WP cd?

25 REPLIES 25
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Yes they should be but if you are worried you can always backup any data you do not wish to loose. :slight_smile:

You may find this information on How System Restore Works useful.

Murdoc83
Visitor

With a cleaning programs I deleted my backup files accidently. I'll have to restore but that's ok. I'm going to install everything i need and then make a dvd backup.
Next time I have a problem this dvd will be very handy. Which program can I use?
Also still haven't really got the solution for when windows asks xp cd.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

With a cleaning programs I deleted my backup files accidently. I'll have to restore but that's ok. I'm going to install everything i need and then make a dvd backup. 

You could use something like Acronis True Image

Murdoc83
Visitor

I saw I got a trial version of Norton included in my software. I made a backup with this and it perfectly ended the task. Now I have saved it to my 😧 drive. It consists of 2 files: one .v2i of 5,88GB and one .sv2i of 1,43kB. Can I burn this on a dvd? One or the two files?
I assume both files copy to dvd and when you want to backup later: insert dvd and click .sv2i file to start restore. Is this correct?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Not unless you have a DL DVD drive/disk
4.7GB is the max for single layer disks

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

If you can you make new backup files of an equal size (approx 3.65GB each) then they should fit onto a DVD.