Join now - be part of our community!

XP on FZ11Z help.

red0151
Visitor

XP on FZ11Z help.

I currently have a Sony Vaio FZ11Z. This is a lovely laptop but Vista has finally drove me to the point of insanity :dizzy: .

Could someone please tell me how to install XP on it with the appropriate drivers.

I have seen similar posts explaining how to install on it on different models but none for the FZ11Z.

Any help would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
PALISADES76
Visitor

I had xp on my old fujitsu siemens, what a pile of <profanity removed by moderator>. vista now on my FZ21Z, its a lot better!

red0151
Visitor

maybe it was your old laptop that was slowing xp down and not the operating system it's self.

If anyone could point me in the right direction to installing xp and finding the drivers it would be a big help.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi red0151,

Unfortunately it is not possible to downgrade your FZ11Z to XP and get everything to work correctly. Sony do not support XP on your model and so no XP Utilities have been developed by them.

Drivers are not a problem - you can use the XP Downgrade drivers supplied by Sony for the FZ19 business Vaio and you can get the XP nVidia driver for your 8400M GT from www.LaptopVideo2Go.com but the XP Utilities do not exist and the Vista ones will not work.

Others have by trial and error managed to get some XP Utilities to work from other models like the SZ-Series but I do not think many have got everything working.

The only comprehensive thread on this subvect is unfortunately in Spanish: -

http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/GB/en/forum/viewthread?thread=45094

:thinking: