Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth pairing DSX-S300BTX and HTC Desire

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
JanRob86
Visitor

Bluetooth pairing DSX-S300BTX and HTC Desire

Anyone having problems with the bluetooth pairing of DSX-S300BTX and HTC Desire?  Once I start the car the connection between the unit and my phone disappears and I have to reconnect each time.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi JanRob86,

Might be a bit of a long shot, but when you say you lose the connection when you start the car, do you mean that you have to carry out the pairing process again?  If this is the case then have you also noticed whether, for example, any radio presets you have stored remain when you leave the car and return next time.  If so I wonder whether you have a permanent12 volt supply to your stereo (one that is on even when the car is switched off).  You need this so that your unit 'remembers' stuff like Bluetooth pairings, radio presets, clock settings etc.  Sometimes when you start a car, the switched power to the stereo is momentarily interrupted and so if you don't also have the permanent feed, settings are lost.  Your unit should have two power connections: a yellow wire (this is the one that needs to be connected to 12 volts permanently - even when the car is off), and a red wire that should be connected to a switched 12 volts i.e. a connection that is only live when the car is running.

Don't know if this helps?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Drumzman
New

Hi JanRob86,

Might be a bit of a long shot, but when you say you lose the connection when you start the car, do you mean that you have to carry out the pairing process again?  If this is the case then have you also noticed whether, for example, any radio presets you have stored remain when you leave the car and return next time.  If so I wonder whether you have a permanent12 volt supply to your stereo (one that is on even when the car is switched off).  You need this so that your unit 'remembers' stuff like Bluetooth pairings, radio presets, clock settings etc.  Sometimes when you start a car, the switched power to the stereo is momentarily interrupted and so if you don't also have the permanent feed, settings are lost.  Your unit should have two power connections: a yellow wire (this is the one that needs to be connected to 12 volts permanently - even when the car is off), and a red wire that should be connected to a switched 12 volts i.e. a connection that is only live when the car is running.

Don't know if this helps?