Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot delete some albums from Walman NWZ - A15

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
muffinman11

Cannot delete some albums from Walman NWZ - A15

I want to delete some albums and replace them like for like but in a higher resolution on my Walkman so i connect through USB and when the device is showing on the media go music library i double click it so now it should be showing all the music which is on the device.

The only thing is it not showing all the music.For example Dark side of the moon is showing on the device but for some reason is not in the library of the device on media go.Which means i cannot delete the album from the device.

Anybody know why?I cannot make it out why the album is not showing in the library

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
muffinman11

@N.D.M-9100 

Suddenly realised what you meant with the hold button.Tried it and it's still the same.

I might have come up with the reason why songs/albums on the walkman are not showing up on the walkman library when connected to the pc.I have about 13gb of music on system storage which i used before buying the 128gb sd card.I switched over to SS why the walkman was still connected and the missing music is there.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Have you tried to remove the folder by using the Windows Explorer?

This should always work even when the album isn't listed in Media Go.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.BE.title
N.D.M-9100

Have you refreshed your library?

If you connect with a usb cable it normally auto refreshes

If you remove the sd card and hook it up to your computer and then replace it in the device you need to refresh your library.

Normally there is an circular arrow to push and your device creates new library data.

Grtz N

profile.country.GB.title
muffinman11

Thanks for your reply Peter unfortunately deleting any files in file explorer does not delete the tracks in the Walkman.

As i said before connecting the device by usb to the pc and bringing up the library should show ALL thesongs which are on the walkman and i cannot think why it isn't.

I do like the player but i find the operating system with media go is awful.

I used to have a ipod classic which unfortunately i lost and i never used to have any of these problems.

profile.country.BE.title
N.D.M-9100

A simple library refresh would knock out your issue after replacing your files.

Again: connect to explorer via usb-cable and do your replacing, disconnect your device, and auto refreshing should start. (Can take a while based on how big your library is.

Or dismount your sdcard, hook it up to your computer(make sure that your write protect slider on the sd adapter is unlocked), do your replacing in the folders, unmount from pc, replace in your walkmandevice, start it again, and manually refresh your library.

Normally this should solve your problem.

profile.country.GB.title
muffinman11

Thanks for your reply N.D.M.

Luckily i kept the adaptor from my sandisk sd card so i will try that later as nothing else is working.

You seem quite knowledgeable on these things because the other strange thing is that when i try to delete an album which is on the walkman and also in the walkman library i am asked if i want to delete the album from the device which i do, then i delete the album from the recycling bin but when i look on the walkman the album is still there even though i have deleted the file?  

profile.country.BE.title
N.D.M-9100

HeHe yeah 'm kind of an experience expert by now lol...

Also an Ex-iPod user... i just couldn't handle iTunes anymore it is just a super frustrating program...

i went for the Sony Walkmans so i could use it as a storage device with media-playing function.

This way i just don't need any library manage/player program anymore on my PC to sync with my mp3-player...

I suggest you just do the same.

Make a good archive with a proper file sturcture

-Genre folders

-- artists

--- albums

(for electronic music i go for a slightly different aproach)

for example:

D&B

- labelfolder

-- releases per cat#

Per Genre-folder i also include a folder called "0000Selections"

(in this folder i place my playlists per genre (these are selections of my favourite tracks per artist/ label... these are .m3u files that contain a selection of tracks you made)

Just hook your sd card with an adapter to your computer's cardslot & copy the same filestructure to it.

After that, replace it in your walkman en start it up... and do a library refresh.

If you do this via usb-cable (it's possibel the device asks to make a data transfer connection, like your android smartphone asks when connected to PC) Same process as sd card procedure written above.

only if you now dismount your device from the computer... your device now will auto refresh the library

This way is way more quicker to sync what you need imo.

Programs like iTunes & such promiss an easy way to sync up & all... but they just take way too much time & suck up way too much cpu imo in the syncing process imo... For music playing on the pc i just use VLC, (or even winamp! or my dj programms; i just selectt the wanted tracks out of that management program and drag them into PL-creator)

For syncing my device i handle the walkman or its sd-card simply as an external hdd.

ps: for creating playlists i use 2 programms, here is my workflow

1: Playlist creator: https://playlist-creator.en.uptodown.com/windows

set this one up so it makes .m3u files

2: (i will post a link asap when i am home can't recall the name atm)

This program is a .txt merger, as these .m3u files are basicly txt files that simply contain filepaths of your songs...

you can merge these .m3u files into 1 (just select the needed file

(perfect to combine all your Favo selections per artist into 1 favo per genre f.e.)

(altho it's also possible to insert more than 1 playlist into Playlist creator, but this is a 1by1 process)

profile.country.BE.title
N.D.M-9100

Long story short...

For those 2 issues:

Deleting from device by the device os

Deleting from sony music management program

I don't have the exact answer... but i have a work arround as written above that suits me perfectly this way.

I have complete control over my files and file structure without any program affecting its details (location, id3-tags, ...)

If you want to have full control over your musicsfiles details (trackname, number, artist, album,... ) i suggest 

Mp3-tag.

Its a very easy program to use.

All progs discribed are freeware btw :wink: 

profile.country.BE.title
N.D.M-9100

@muffinman11 : ok follow me in this journey:
I hooked up my Walkman with usb-cable to my computer.

I open my windows explorer

Dive into the needed folder i want to edit on my Walkman's sd-card

I deleted some files

Indeed... they do not disappear after deletion process?? (hold on, it's very simple...)

I go 1 folder up or back in the explorer

Now i go back to that edited folder

The deleted folders should be gone 

It's a typical refresh error windows dares to have uppon external devices.

Hope all this helps

regards N.

profile.country.GB.title
muffinman11

@N.D.M-9100 

The only thing i changed is to automatically empty the recycling bin.I connected the walkman via usb and chose three albums which were on the walkman and also in the walkmans library on media go.I went through the same procedure of deleting them as before but this time all three were deleted off the walkman. Whether that was the problem,who knows.

As for the other issue of tracks being on the walkman but not showing on the walkmans library i don't know.?I'm wondering if the tracks not on the library were somehow deleted in file explorer but stayed on the walkman.?