Join now - be part of our community!

Cant Turn off Demo NWZ-E474

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
brokenstory
Visitor

Cant Turn off Demo NWZ-E474

My walkman is stuck in demo mode and is basically unusable. Does any kind soul out there have a solution for this?

brokenstory

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brokenstory
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

I managed to turn it off. Turns out it's the same code as for the other walkmans in this series. You put hold on when you're on the main screen. Then you click five times left, five times middle and five times right. It then reboots on its own - you don't have to take hold off. It took me about ten attempts before it finally worked. In fact, I didn't even think it would work, I thought I would try that code again for the hell of it; so my advice would be patient to anybody in a similar postition.

brokenstory

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi brokenstory,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

I can try & get hold of the unlock sequence but it would porbably be quicker to contact the retailer & ask them to unlock your walkman for you..:smileywink:

brokenstory
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

Thanks for getting back to me. Getting in touch with the retailer is a no go as I bought the walkman when I was on holiday in Chile. If you could get the unlock sequence that would be fantastic and I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

brokenstory

brokenstory
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

I managed to turn it off. Turns out it's the same code as for the other walkmans in this series. You put hold on when you're on the main screen. Then you click five times left, five times middle and five times right. It then reboots on its own - you don't have to take hold off. It took me about ten attempts before it finally worked. In fact, I didn't even think it would work, I thought I would try that code again for the hell of it; so my advice would be patient to anybody in a similar postition.

brokenstory

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Excellent glad you've managed to unlock your Walkman and thanks for posting the solution I'm sure this will be helpful for others..