Join now - be part of our community!

CDX-GT24 Power Problem

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
chrhill64
Visitor

CDX-GT24 Power Problem

Hi

I've had my Car Stereo for over a year now and had it set up and working all perfectly and the wiring was set to (Red-Yellow, Yellow-Red) as the factory wiring (Yellow-Yellow, Red-Red) didn't store the settings.

During the previous week I had to remove the head unit to access behind it, I didn't remove the wiring as there's enough slack for me to get it out and behind it for what I need to do. During this the ignition was off and keys removed. Upon replacing the head unit and turning on ignition I found the unit didn't work, no lights came on, nor did the CD drive motor work.

After turning off the ignition I removed the head unit again and changed the wiring back to the factory setting (Yellow-Yellow, Red-Red) where it had worked just not remembered the settings and found that whilst it didn't light up I could eject and insert CD's so the CD Drive motor was working but nothing else.

I have also tried the final suggestion in the installation guide for wiring (Yellow-Red&Yellow) which gives me power to the head unit however it doesn't store the settings so again not what I want however it shows the Head Unit works and that the fuse is ok.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi Chris,

It sounds like the car is not supplying power down one of the two leads (the red one by the sound of it which in your case I think must be the permanent 12V supply).  My suggestion would be to check fuses in the car itself.  Your car handbook will tell you where they are in the car (for example sometimes under the steering column type area inside the car, sometimes under the bonnet) plus the handbook will tell you what each fuse is for (there's often a number to help identify them).  The fuses are usually similar to the one on the back of your CDX-GT24.  It's possible that the fuse in the car for the radio/accessory supply has blown.  Worth a try anyway.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Drumzman
New

Hi Chris,

It sounds like the car is not supplying power down one of the two leads (the red one by the sound of it which in your case I think must be the permanent 12V supply).  My suggestion would be to check fuses in the car itself.  Your car handbook will tell you where they are in the car (for example sometimes under the steering column type area inside the car, sometimes under the bonnet) plus the handbook will tell you what each fuse is for (there's often a number to help identify them).  The fuses are usually similar to the one on the back of your CDX-GT24.  It's possible that the fuse in the car for the radio/accessory supply has blown.  Worth a try anyway.

Hope this helps.

chrhill64
Visitor

Thanks Drumzman, that was spot on.

Drumzman
New

No worries - glad it helped!