Join now - be part of our community!

cdx-gt550ui i-pod connection

profile.country.en_GB.title
i_pinnick
Visitor

cdx-gt550ui i-pod connection

hello

i have just purchased a cdx-gt550ui after installing it into the car i connected my wifes i-pod classis via the usb port on the front but the unit did not recognise the device. i connected my i-pod classic wit the same cable in the same usb port and it picked it up straight away. my wife i-pod is running a later operating system than mine as it was brand new last year whereas mine is quite a bit older.

any suggestions?????????????

3 REPLIES 3
mithcd
Visitor

The only thing that I can think of is a firmware or version upgrade on the affected Ipod. Maybe compare it with the working one. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

Drumzman
New

Hi i_pinnick,

Just another thought: I wonder whether later iPods conform to the same USB standard as more generic devices like USB sticks - the reason I say this is because I note that Sony recommend the use of an optional special lead in the manual for the CDX-GT550UI if you're using an iPod (RC-100IP).  Might be worth a try to see if this sorts the issue?

Hope this helps:smileyconfused:

Liamf_07
New

Im

lost and I don't know how to create a post myself

i have an issue with CDX-GT550UI and Spotify. When o pressed the skip button it used to skips Spotify songs. After my battery failing and resetting everything, the skip button no longer skips Spotify. It connects to "podcasts" and skips them instead. 

Sorry for posting here