Join now - be part of our community!

connection problems with nwz-b163

profile.country.en_GB.title
jonno007
Visitor

connection problems with nwz-b163

hi all

i have a new nw-b163 mp3 player, evertime i try to connect to napster i get an error message appear,

your player digital rights are corrupted ,

i have tried everthing , formatting the device , after hours with the napster helpline ,it seems its the device that needs a firmware update,

i cannot find anywhere to update it

i also have an older sony mp3 and that works fine with napster so i know its not an account problem

many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
frazfraz
Visitor

Hi,

I get something similar and cannot get my new NWZ B163 to sync with Napster - A while ago I bought the NWZ B135 and it synced with Napster in seconds but this new 163 version just won't work.

What is the problem - does it need a driver? - I have reformatted the devcie yet it still will not work.

Someone mentioned a firmware update for the NWZ B163 - Is there one available to download and install onto the device via the USB port??? - Or does the unit need to be sent back to Sony?

Answers please and quickly!!!!!!! - 

jonno007
Visitor

pm sent

apparently this device is not compatable with napster ! as it dosent support the drm needed

if anyone knows different , then please lets us know,

frazfraz
Visitor

If you look on Google and search for Napter TO GO compatible devices you will see lower down the list that the Sony B series walkmans are TO GO compatible.

I have been using B 135 no problems at all with Napster Sync

B 163 has not worked - Something is clearly wrong and it looks like Sony may have made this device  incompatible with Napster sync.  The reason I bought the Sony B series 163 was because of this compatibility.

It should work and that is all that there is to it.

Message was edited by: frazfraz

Message was edited by: frazfraz