Join now - be part of our community!

Download music video NWZ-A845 walkman

profile.country.en_GB.title
lesleymcl
Visitor

Download music video NWZ-A845 walkman

Hi, trying to download music video on to new NWZ-A845, my daughter desperate to get some video on to her new walkman.  I have tried for hours trying to convert from Itunes a music video I have previously purchased but failed miserably. On the plus side I love the simplicity of transferring music from itunes using the content transfer.  The oled screen and quality is great but would be even better to download something else to watch!!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.es_ES.title
EEduard
Visitor

Hi all,

I have the NWZ-A845 and I also have problems to load videos in the walkman.

I have tried, both, using the transfer content manager and directly copying the files to the 'video' folder in the walkman.

The transfer content manager seems to be doing some work since it indicates 'Converting video '. Afterwards the file is loaded and appears in the walkman. However, when I try to reproduce it the message 'Cannot play; file format is not supported.' is shown.

For instance, this was tried using a file with these characteristics:

File: 3.mp4

Video:

Códec: H264-MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc 1)

Resolution: 640x480

fps: 30

Audio:

Codec: MPEG Audio layer 1/2/3 (mpga)

Stereo at 44100Hz and 192kb/s

Which exact video formats, codecs and profiles are supported by a walkman NWZ-A845?

Why the transfer content manager says to convert and loads a file to show, afterwards, the error message indicating that the format is not supported?

Thanks for your help,

Eduard

profile.country.fr_BE.title
Hanske67
Visitor

Hi,

Also had the same problem.

The walkman does not support the H264 encoding.  You have to choose legacy MP4 format to have a supported video format.

Bye,

Hans