Join now - be part of our community!

Headphone connection

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
gilmary
Visitor

Headphone connection

Is it posible to connect wireless headphones to the phono output of a Bravia HD tv?

being hard of hearing I wish to do this and not the headphone output which, for reasons I know not, when plugged into cuts the speakers off,

HELP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi gilmary,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Yes you can purchase a headphone jack to phono adaptor but unfortunately I think this will still cause the sound to cut out on Bravia speakers..

I've asked around and it seems you could try...

Using a scart to phono adaptor, this should allow you to connect your headphones and still have audio from the Bravia speakers..

However some of the newer wireless headphones have optical in, so you may want to consider this if you want a neater option..:smileywink:

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi gilmary,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Yes you can purchase a headphone jack to phono adaptor but unfortunately I think this will still cause the sound to cut out on Bravia speakers..

I've asked around and it seems you could try...

Using a scart to phono adaptor, this should allow you to connect your headphones and still have audio from the Bravia speakers..

However some of the newer wireless headphones have optical in, so you may want to consider this if you want a neater option..:smileywink:

Hope this helps.

peterw22
New

My wifes also uses Stenhouser headphones. I managed to switch off the auto mute of the TV speakers that cuts in when the headphone jack is fitted but this suddley stopped working and I now cant find how I did it in the first place. Its there somewhere

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi peters22

Its hard to give you the exact setting, as i dont know what TV you have.  However on many TVs, there is a setting called "Headphone Speaker Link" in the sound settings.

Cheers