Join now - be part of our community!

NWZ-W273 Not working since update 1.10

iansloya
New

NWZ-W273 Not working since update 1.10

Hello,

Since updating the firmware yesterday via Media Go on a Windows 7 laptop my walkman mp3 player is not working. When I turn it on the green light flashes a number of times (14/15) and there is a audible beep through the earphones about 5/6 times.

When I try to press any buttons nothing happens.  When I try to press the power button again the same thing happens.

I have tried resetting and was on live chat support to someone called samson who sent me a link to update the firmware again but nothing has worked.

Could it be that I am experiencing some functionality or error that someone else has seen and knows how to rectify?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
ddutta123
New

I am having exactly the same prob with my NWZ Z1060 walkman. Its put me off SONY brands now. 

car180
New

i also have the same problem is there a fix or do I return the product
enorax
New

Same problem here. Would be nice to have some information from Sony.

stevie-m
New

Exactly the same issues as the first poster, really sucks, anyone any further with a fix ?

gigi087
Explorer

I bought these headset...before using it i updated the firmware and when i used it for the first time i realised that only 1 headphone was working, the other one is dead.... Could it be related to the firmware update???

is there a way to bring it back to the firmware 1.0 ???

gigi087
Explorer

no news???

movens
Explorer

I have just purchased the NWZ-W273 and have a similar issue, it won't switch on.
The light just flashes 5-6 times then off.
I also downloaded 1.10 FW.
Any fix?
khalibar
Explorer

i've just had this problem. I deleted the contents, and re-loaded new content. worked perfectly.

pK

khalibar
Explorer

where did that bay picture come from?????????????????????/