Join now - be part of our community!

Question about the DSX-S300BTX and connecting a cd changer

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
wingwarrior2345
Visitor

Question about the DSX-S300BTX and connecting a cd changer

The stereo in my audi has just expired and was looking at gettin the DSX-S300BTX as a replacement, but i notice it doesnt have a CD drive. So i was wondering if it was possible to attach a cd changer to it? possibly the sony CDX-T69? Ive looked everywhere but cannot find the answer

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi wingwarrior234,

It's possible to download the installation guide for the DSX-S300BTX on Sony's support website, and having had a quick peek, this unit does not have the socket to connect a CD autochanger so I'm afraid the answer to your question is no.

This unit is not able to play a CD at all, as it seems to be designed to be able to connect a USB music player internally.  I guess the argument is why bother with something like a CDX-T69 (which was one of the old 6 CD changers (I used to have one!)) when you can connect a USB music device that potentially has hundreds of CDs stored on it.  That said, it doesn't help with a CD you've just bought and fancied playing on the way home from the shops!! :smileymischief:

Another unit to consider might be the MEX-BT3900U if playing a CD is really important to you.  You still can't connect a CD changer, but it does play a CD in-dash, and I think this unit still has Bluetooth, and USB connection (albeit not an internal connection) like the DSX-S300BTX.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Drumzman
New

Hi wingwarrior234,

It's possible to download the installation guide for the DSX-S300BTX on Sony's support website, and having had a quick peek, this unit does not have the socket to connect a CD autochanger so I'm afraid the answer to your question is no.

This unit is not able to play a CD at all, as it seems to be designed to be able to connect a USB music player internally.  I guess the argument is why bother with something like a CDX-T69 (which was one of the old 6 CD changers (I used to have one!)) when you can connect a USB music device that potentially has hundreds of CDs stored on it.  That said, it doesn't help with a CD you've just bought and fancied playing on the way home from the shops!! :smileymischief:

Another unit to consider might be the MEX-BT3900U if playing a CD is really important to you.  You still can't connect a CD changer, but it does play a CD in-dash, and I think this unit still has Bluetooth, and USB connection (albeit not an internal connection) like the DSX-S300BTX.

Hope this helps.

wingwarrior2345
Visitor

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated!