Join now - be part of our community!

Sony DSX 300 BTX Car Audio compatible files

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Visitor

Sony DSX 300 BTX Car Audio compatible files

Hello All

We have a Sony Walkman 1060 with 50 Lossless WAV music files loaded, plays brilliantly.

We however found that our new Sony DSX 300 Car Audio wont read Lossless WAV.

We re-ripped all our music as Lossless WMA files, but the Sony DSX 300 Car Audio wont read the files.

Can anyone help, does the Sony DSX 300 play any Lossless files.

Does anyone have any advice.

We have all the storage capacity we need, and want to play only Lossless files.

Thank You for all assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi,

I guess you are connecting with USB to your unit?  I was just having a look in the manual and sadly it says that lossless formats are not supported (on page 22 under 'Notes').

Not ideal, but I suppose the best option is to look at something like MP3 or WMA and ripping in the highest bit rate available.

Hope this helps - sorry it's probably not the answer you were looking for.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Drumzman
New

Hi,

I guess you are connecting with USB to your unit?  I was just having a look in the manual and sadly it says that lossless formats are not supported (on page 22 under 'Notes').

Not ideal, but I suppose the best option is to look at something like MP3 or WMA and ripping in the highest bit rate available.

Hope this helps - sorry it's probably not the answer you were looking for.

Visitor

Hello Drumzman

Thank You for your response to our query reference Sony DSX 300 best bit rate.

We finally realised the problem was that the device does not play Lossless formats, as you say. We re-recorded all our CDs from WAV to WMA thinking this would solve the problem, but made no difference.

We then used Roxio Convert to find the best bit rate we could convert to which was Custom MP3 at 320kbs, and re-formatted all again, so w now have 2 sets of music files, Lossless for home music, and MP3 for the DSX. We purchased a Sony 32gb USB, and have been playing the files largely from this, however, we have also re-recorded all Lossless files on our Walkman 1060 to this format so they can also be played in the DSX. So, our tiny Sony Walkman 1060 can play all formats from 126 kbs - 1440kbs, and yet our Sony Car Audio can not !! As regards sound quality while this Custom MP3 320 kbs is acceptable it is only just, and if you have any advice on how we might raise this to a higher bit rate let us know and we will try that. One final thought is that with technology marching on and manufacturing costs declining I am not sure why Sony committed this potentially great car audio to such low bit rates. The Sony Walkman 1060 holds some 50 CDs at Lossless, on it`s 32gb Ram, and the Sony USB 32gb has it`s own compression that will expand it out to x 3, or 96gb, which could be some 150CDs. If you have ideas on how we might improve bit rates or sound quality let us know.

Thank You agaon for your response. Andy