Join now - be part of our community!

Sony MEX-BT4000U Toyota Avensis Compatability

profile.country.en_IE.title
eeimosn
Visitor

Sony MEX-BT4000U Toyota Avensis Compatability

Hi

Just wondering is the Sony MEX-BT4000U compatible with a Toyota 2009 Avensis and do I need additional wire harnesses and a facia unit? It is double din withe the standard radio/cd player. If so can where can I purchase these?

Thks

eeimosn

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
DSG4ME
Visitor

This is a double din one but I can't find a single din one for your car, I suspect the thoughts are anyone replacing the existing one will want a DD unit

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/connects2-ct23ty12-toyota-avensis-t27-2009-double-din-fascia-plates-p...

They don't list an iso loom so I guess the one that comes with the unit is enough although you'd better check it does first, I can only find the facia for the T27 Avensis but I find it strange there is no iso loom as one is normally needed to stop battery drain of the canbus and also to interface the steering wheel controls, if you ring them they will assist you I've had a couple of things from them and they are helpful and willing to assist,

If yours is an old model T25 all the bits are available.

profile.country.en_GB.title
DSG4ME
Visitor

Something else regading your car you may be interested to know, if it is a T27 model and not the older T25 that stopped in 2008 a clutch for one is £1200 at Toyota, my mum just had to have one after 27k and I'm not best pleased about the quality of it and as I pointed her towards the dam thing I feel kinda responsible, so if you have one and you may want to think about shifting it on, they are a lovely car but it's made from tin and goat hair, everything is cheap about it from the wafer thin boot mat to the easily deformed boot panel fit if you close the boot on a full load and bend the rods under the parcel shelf.