Join now - be part of our community!

SRS -X7

oliverPS
Explorer

SRS -X7

Hello

I have an SRS -X7 speaker and it moves when in use.  It moves so much that i have to reposition it every now and then so that it doesn't dance off the edge of the shelf that it is on.

It does it too if i put it on the table so it isn't to do with the surface that it is on.

I have tried a non slip mat under it but it still moves when on this.

Do you have a solution please?

Regards

Oliver.

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

How interesting, not come across this problem before - Is it moving due to sound vibrations due to volume?  Does it move more or less depending on the volume level? 

Im assuming the surfaces you have tried it on (i.e. Table) are flat?

Just trying to figure out on what conditions it moves.

Cheers

oliverPS
Explorer

Hello

It moves due to vibrations from the music and the surface it is on are flat.  It will move on all surfaces and the volume doesn't have to be particularly high.  I could literally race the speaker accross the floor [wooden] if i played music loud enough.

Cheers

Oliver.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This may sound like a dumb solution - but its quick, cheap and I believe would be effective.  I am referring to velcro.  More specifically - stick on velcro dots.  This would 'hopefully' stop the SRS-X7 from moving in the position you have placed it (i.e. bookshelf) and can be moved if need be.

Just a thought thats all.

oliverPS
Explorer

Thank you for the suggestion but I wouldn't expect to have to Velcro a speaker that cost over £100! More than anything I wondeeed if it is a common problem with this range?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I dont think its a common problem, as I would have though we would have seen this on the forums by now from other people complaining.  However I understand your concerns and expectations of it not "walking" when in use.

I am going to escalate this thread to Sony Support in the hopes they have another solution or can advise either way on whether you have a faulty unit (or part of a larger problem) - they should be contacting you in the next day or two.

Cheers

oliverPS
Explorer

That's great - Thank you

oliverPS
Explorer

Hi Sony - are you out there???

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I really do appologise on this - I raised this with Sony on Friday as there are a number of people awaiting Sony to contact them from my escalations.  It seems to be a system error at this moment from when I raise an escalation from these forums and Sony not being informed.  I am unsure on the progress on when this is fixed.  If no one contacts you by Tuesday, I would advise you contacting them yourself.  But I will do my best to try and get them to contact you anyhow.

Cheers

oliverPS
Explorer

Hello

No need to apologise I and thank you for your help. I'm sure that Sony will

be in touch soon. 

Thank you

Oliver.