Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless bluetooth DR-BT21G don't turn on!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
khizerj
Visitor

Wireless bluetooth DR-BT21G don't turn on!

I have had these bluetooth headphones for 2 years now, they came with my sony walkman that i have and they have worked perfectly up until now. All of a sudden they don't turn on any more!

When I put the charger in, the red light turns on in the right earpiece, but they don't turn on. It all started when the battery died in the gym a few days ago.. thinking back now, i don't charge them very often, it seems the battery has lasted an age for me.

I'm thinking maybe all the sweat from the gym finally got to them, or maybe they just need to be charged for an extra long period because i completely ran the battery out and hadn't been charging them much beforehand (but they've been on charge for almost a full day and still no effect!)

I'ved tried resetting them but that hasn't worked... and i'm pretty sure that my warranty has ran out too, so repairing them might cost a bomb.. has anyone got any ideas?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi khizerj

It's good news that the red light comes on when you connect the charger, and in theory it should turn off if a full charge is reached.  If this happens then great news, if not you may be right in that the sweat could have got to them - doesn't sound too hopeful though if you've already had them on charge a whole day:smileysad:.  Generally rechargeable batteries don't like being run until they're completely flat, so it is possible they might take a while to come back to life, or they may have gievn up the ghost unfortunately.
Sorry not to be more help.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Drumzman
New

Hi khizerj

It's good news that the red light comes on when you connect the charger, and in theory it should turn off if a full charge is reached.  If this happens then great news, if not you may be right in that the sweat could have got to them - doesn't sound too hopeful though if you've already had them on charge a whole day:smileysad:.  Generally rechargeable batteries don't like being run until they're completely flat, so it is possible they might take a while to come back to life, or they may have gievn up the ghost unfortunately.
Sorry not to be more help.