Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z2 / PS4 earphones

SOLVED
ABollo
New

Xperia Z2 / PS4 earphones

Hi,

First post - hoping someone more clued up can help out please! 

I have a Sony Xperia Z2 phone (still works perfectly, very happy with it) - my problem is the earphones that originally came with it (Digital Noise Cancelling Headset MDR-NC31EM) have broken, I believe from issues around the earphone jack.

I loved those earphones and for around £20 a pop I wouldn't mind just buying the same product again to last a few months - however, I also have a PS4 and so I wanted to check first before buying them - are there any earphones that you can use via bluetooth on both the Xperia Z2 and the PS4? I would love to have the noise-cancelling experience on both the Z2 and PS4 but I've heard about PS4 not having direct bluetooth capability so at this point I'm a bit lost in trying to find out what I'm referring to!

Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

Sadly, you cannot. Bluetooth signal is too weak( not enough channels) for supporting Stereo Audio + Mic at the same time...That's the reason why PS official headset all have that USB dongle

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

Sadly, you cannot. Bluetooth signal is too weak( not enough channels) for supporting Stereo Audio + Mic at the same time...That's the reason why PS official headset all have that USB dongle

ABollo
New

Ah well, there's me just thinking up product innovations! Anyway thanks very much for replying, appreciated.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi :slight_smile:

Did you see these wireless headphones for the PS4?

Click me

2623dbb9f98b147a2830067d10919258.jpg