Who Me Too'd this topic

Flatbrat
Explorer

HDD/DVD Recorders - No signal/channels

I have just logged the following message to SONY via their contact-us form - hopefully they may see it over the weekend (:smileygood_luck:

" Please see community Blog - the automatic software update on digital HDD/DVD players made by Sony across the board on Friday, 19th July 2013 has failed.

My RDR-HXD890 does not have any digital channels, EPG or any Digital Signal. My 1st response yesterday was to re-scan, recorder shows all available channels are picked up, but no signal throughput? My 2nd response was to try & update the software downloaded from your website - the recorder gets to DOWNLOAD-5 and gets stuck - none of the switches on either the remote or the HDD will function - only solution was to unplug-wait & re-connect.

This morning the recorder is stuck on update! It appears that ALL your customers are having the same problem. I had 5 programmes scheduled to record from yesterday evening - of course nothing has recorded, as no signal/channels available.

I am sure there are a lot of customers out there who are not technically savvy, they would automatically think their equipment has failed, so go out and replace it - BUT once this episode gets out your reputation will be in tatters! SONY - do something very urgently!"

:wink:

Who Me Too'd this topic